Thursday 24 October 2013

Researching Mise-En-Scene For Photographic Shoots

I have chosen this video so that I can explore further and expand my my skills involving mise-en-scene and in particular, make-up. This tutorial explains how to apply make-up before a photographic shoot and how to make it look professional. The tutorial explains techniques such as how to apply foundation, eye liner and also lipstick. These are features which will allow me to make my model appear to the highest possible standard and also create a professional effect.

This tutorial has taught me how to apply make-up in such a way so that it looks professional and as if it would in a professional shoot. Some of the techniques it has taught me are the following: make-up primer, foundation, facial highlights, eye shadow, fake eye lashes etc. I now know how to apply these features and also what quantity of each is required for a professional effect. Moreover, I know what types of tool are required to apply each part of the make-up e.g. brush, pencil etc.


This tutorial is specific to what I want to achieve in terms of taking professional photographs as the kind of miss-en-scene created would appeal to my target audience. Moreover, this tutorial show an in depth analysis of the make-up application, hence allowing for an easy to follow video which in turn will let me create a professional-looking model.

For me as a producer, I feel that I would have to purchase high quality make-up to allow for a professional looking model - I will also need to purchase the correct implements to apply this. I may/may not require assistance when applying make-up so that I can make it look as good as possible. 

Following on from this tutorial, I will now practise these skills and techniques to create professional looking images with models which look correct for the genre. I now understand why it is important to have make-up which looks correct and professional.

I like this tutorial explaining make-up because it will guide me through creating my own images and making them look professional - it will also allow them to appeal to my target audience, represent the genre and also help represent the purpose of the magazine. Furthermore, the instructions in the tutorial are clear and easy to understand - this makes them easy to follow. Despite this, I do feel that the tutorial could go into depth into different styles of make-up which would in turn represent a different genre. This would also allow me to show a differentiation in my work. Moreover, this will improve my final product as it will represent my target audience and their requirements from a front cover design. This will also relate into Laura Mulvey's theory that women are used in media for the sexual desire of males.

No comments:

Post a Comment