Friday 29 November 2013

Planning My Photoshoot

To ensue that my photoshoot is as successful as possible I am planning the event while considering the following points:

- The equipment
- The choice of model
- Costume list and other mise-en-scene
- The location

To begin, I've decided that I am going to use the equipment from the college's photography studio and department. This includes state of the art cameras, lighting and also backdrops. This choice of equipment will ensure that I represent my target audience to the best of my ability. I will be able to take professional images which will also represent the genre and purpose of my magazine. I will adjust the camera's aperture and shutter speed to work with the department's soft box and other lighting set ups. I will also add a remote flash to the camera so that I can create images which are industry standard. This will then leave me to decide which colour backdrop will be most successful in terms of representing of the audience and genre.

Next I will decide who my model needs to be - I have chosen somebody who looks correct in terms of representing the audience and genre and also somebody who is available at the time of my photo shoot. My model has an interesting appearance and I have chosen her because of her hair colour, her age and also because of her general characteristics. I feel that this will allow me to represent the audience to the best of my ability. Due to the fact that she is young, it means that my target audience can relate to her and also want to be like her - this will allow my magazine to become more popular.

I have decided that my model will wear her own clothes and I have specifically chosen a 'look' which represents the genre and also audience through an 'indie' appearance. I have looked at magazine covers from the same genre and picked items of clothing which fit the general stereotypes and the common 'look' of the genre. This in turn will attract the eye of my target audience and it will increase the chance that they will purchase my magazine. Make-up is another thing which I will need to consider, after having looked at make-up tutorials I have decided on the style which is most apparent for my model and also the genre, audience and purpose. I will acquire help when applying make-up as this isn't one of my strong points - it will also ensure that it looks correct for the genre.


Finally, I have decided that my photoshoot will take place both inside and also outside. This will give me a wide range of photographs which represent the audience and also let me experiment with the shots I have chosen in my flat plans. To start, I will be photographing my model in doors, in a specifically made photography studio. This will allow me to create professional images that represent the audience and also the genre of the magazine. Secondly, I will be taking images outside so that I can have images for my feature page. I have chosen a location which represents my audience through the idea of rebellion in youths - it will be at a site where graffiti will be in shot. This will allow me to take images which represent the genre, audience and purpose.

To ensure that my photoshoot goes as well as it possibly can, I have created a list of the equipment which I will need, the location of my photoshoot, as well as the time, date etc, my budget which I will require and also I have specified my model. This list will allow me to become more organised, have a clear understanding of how I am going to represent my audience and also it will allow me to understand further the kinds of limitations which may occur.

Equipment:
Canon 6D SLR
50mm lens
64GB memory card
Tripod
Lighting kit - soft box etc.
Backdrop for the studio

Location:
Bodmin College Photography Studio - booked from 2.30pm - 3.30pm, Wednesday 6th November 2013
In an outside space near to Bodmin College - the photographs will be taken in front of a wall covered in graffiti

Model:
Kim Horne:
I have picked Kim because of her appearance - she fits the bracket of the general 'indie' stereotype and also because of her age. She is aged 17, roughly around the same age as my target audience which makes her the perfect model for my photoshoot.

Budget:
Camera - £1200 to purchase 
50mm lens - £240
64GB memory card - £70
Lighting - £120
Tripod - £30
Backdrop - £5
Backdrop stand - £40
Apple Mac - £1000
Photoshop - £800

Now I have planned my photoshoot I will take my images and upload them onto my blog. I will be able to choose the best ones out of them to use in my work.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent time management and planning of; locations, models, props and equipment.

    ReplyDelete