Monday 29 December 2014

Cornwall Bys Vyken Feature Page Construction

I decided that I wanted to create my feature page in InDesign to enable me to make good use of the 'alignment' tools, alongside the 'text' and 'paragraph' tools. Furthermore, I was able to utilise the 'border' tool as well as the 'crop tool'.

I started this process by making a new document in InDesign with two A4 pages, set up in 'spread' mode. Once I had created my document, I started by adding content, following my flat plan designs carefully to ensure I create a design which would appeal to my audience.


I started by adding images to my work - I used the 'links' panel to add images to my work. The use of the 'links' panel is important as this ensures optimum quality images, due to the fact that the images are linked together. I import my images and then placed them in the areas which fitted my original design. I cropped and resized accordingly. The 'alignment' tool allowed me to leave specific sized gaps between images, meaning they looked professional and fitted the aesthetically 'norm'.



After adding my images to my work, I then decided to work on the text. I used the 'text' and 'paragraph' tabs to ensure that my text was in the correct alignment, sizing and font. I was able to use 'bold' and 'italic' type styles to add journalistic techniques to my work. I decided to use 'Minion Pro' as this is was type style which fitted the theme of not only my magazine, however regional magazines in general.





I then moved on to adding the border to my page. I created a large rectangle through use of the 'rectangle' tool - I filled this rectangle in the colour of white and added a border to it in the colour of black. I added a heavy weight to the border to make it thicker and then aligned the box with the whole page. Finally, I added the content of my article through use of the 'copy' and 'paste' tools, directly from Microsoft Word - this ensured that my work was spell checked and grammar checked. I added a larger first letter to the start of my article through use of the 'text' tools, this connoted traditional styles and also this genre of magazine. I experimented with paragraph style and chose one which allows my article text to fit in the box, aligned with both sides.




1 comment:

  1. • There is excellent work on shotlists, layouts, drafting, scripting•
    There are excellent communication skills

    ReplyDelete